Monday, February 21, 2011

…I don’t trust Wezesha laptops deal...

Thanks to the ICT government intiative of giving a helping hand to the university & college students a chance of embracing the digital world. Wezesha is a bright idea; I mean soft loans for me to get a laptop, who would refuse. Funded by the World Bank this is a brilliant take that brings up a technology oriented person as he/she narrows in to specific disciplines of undergraduate studies.
As a tech ethusiast I took a step ahead and did some math, clearly something aint right. Am not just being paranoid about stuff but lets look at the calculations.
We analysized the laptops available in this deal and noticed some 'anomalies';

For instance, the Samsung N150 is stated as costing KES 19,100 courtesy of Safaricom, but the same on the Safaricom Shop goes for KES 29,999, a difference of KES 10,899. Now, the voucher given to students is worth KES 9,600...

And then this HP Compaq CQ56-152si costs KES 41499 via the program but a similar of its kind with the same specifications on chekelea.com costs KES 41,440! 

This Toshiba Satellite C660-1EL costs KES 40,999 with the voucher while the same costs KES 39,760 without the voucher.

I would say my fellow tech analyst and I arent money minded but lets have a clear picture of things.

2 comments:

  1. I think the difference is caused by the presence of "Microsoft Windows" Operating system on the machines sold at Wezesha but absence of the same in the ones sold by Checkelea et al

    ReplyDelete